Boasting an amazing 273 lakes and ponds, the Lakes Region of New Hampshire also features some fantastic public beaches. Whether you want to swim, picnic, fish, bike, or just take a leisurely stroll, you’re sure to find a beach that best suits your desires.
- Alton Town Beaches (Alton) - Swimming, restrooms, parking. Rt 28A on Alton Bay.
- Brewster Beach (Wolfeboro) - Restrooms, swimming, picnicking. Rt 28 to Clark Rd.
- Carry Beach (Wolfeboro) - Swimming, picnicking, restrooms. Rt 28 to Forest Rd.
- Ellacoya State Park (Gilford) - Swimming, picnicking, store, bathhouse, RV park with 38 campsites. Route 11.
- Leavitt Park (Meredith) - Picnicking, small playground area. Rt 25 North to Leavitt Rd.
- Melvin Village Wharf (Melvin Village) - Swimming, no restrooms, limited parking. Governor Wentworth Highway, Rt 109.
- Weirs Beach Endicott Park (Laconia) - Great spot for boat watching, overlooks the town docks. Rt 3.
- 19 Mile Bay Beach (Tuftonboro) - Swimming, picnicking, portable toilets, parking. Governor Wentworth Highway, Rt 109.
- 20 Mile Bay Beach (Tuftonboro) - Swimming, picnicking, limited parking. Governor Wentworth Highway, Rt 109.
- Ahern State Park (Laconia) - Walking trails, swimming, pit toilets. Laconia Rt 11A.
- Bartlett Beach (Laconia) - Swimming, bathrooms, fishing, playground, picnicking. Rt 3 to Court Street, turn on Bay Street, left to Winnisquam Ave.
- Allen Albee Beach (Wolfeboro) - Swimming, picnicking. Off Rt 28, north of downtown.
- Wentworth State Beach (Wolfeboro) - Swimming, fishing, picnicking, bathhouse. Route 109.
- Opechee Park Cove Beach & Opechee Point Beach (Laconia) - Quiet cove, playground area. Rt 106, N. Main Street.
- Sunapee State Beach (Newbury) - Fishing, boating, swimming, picnicking, group outings. Rt 103.
- Wellington State Park (Bristol) - Swimming, picnicking, playground, trails, group pavilions, boat launch. Route 3A to West Shore Rd.
- White Lake State Park (Tamworth) - Camping with 200 tent sites, showers, store, beach, canoe rentals, trails, fishing. Route 16.